Tips for Creating a Vision Board
A vision board, sometimes known as a dream board, consists of a collection of images that help you visualize the things you wish to manifest in your life. These can be material things, such as a home or a car, or situations, such as a dream job or relationship.
Here are tips to help you create and use your vision board.
1. Consider what you wish to use to mount your images. Poster board, tri fold (I prefer) or single, cork board or do a scrap book. If you are a computer person do it in PowerPoint with pictures you download or upload.
2. Decide whether you want one board for all your images, or several that you can theme. For example, one with pictures of your ideal home, one with images of your dream vacation, and so on. The scrapbook and tri-fold poster works well for this as you can use the pages for different themes.
3. Get clear on what you really desire. This is the most important step of all. When you look at your images, it is important that they give you the feeling you will have when your manifestation is here. If your picture gives you no feeling of excitement, happiness, peace or whatever it is you want to feel, then it will not be effective in helping you to manifest and may be a clue that this is not truly a heart’s desire.
4. Start looking for images. You may find these in newspapers, magazines, brochures, promotional booklets, calendars – in fact any kind of illustrated printed matter. You may also find pictures that you can print from websites on the internet. Cut them out and add them to your board.
5. Consider taking your own photographs too. This can make the subject more personal. For example, you could take pictures of an area you would like to move to, the car you or vacation or the New outfit in your new dress size you will be in.
6. Include some pictures that simply make you feel good. They may be pictures of an evening with friends that brings back enjoyable memories, a picture of yourself having fun in a favorite holiday destination, or simply a beautiful sunset that stirs a feeling of peace and serenity. Anything that makes you smile, or, even better, laugh out loud, is also excellent.
7. Place your vision board somewhere prominent, so that you will see it often throughout the day. If you are out much of the time, make a mini one in a small notebook that you can keep in your purse or briefcase. The more often you see your images, the more you will magnetize your desires to you.
8. It is most important that you get a strong, positive feeling from looking at your images. Sometimes, if you have been looking at an image for some time it can feel a bit stale. If this happens, change it so that you get a tangible good feeling again. For instance, you may still want the same car, so get an image from another angle, or in an exciting environment.
9. Make time each day to have a concentrated look at your images. Spend a few minutes thinking about each thing you intend to manifest, feel what it will be like when it is here, how your life will change. Feel those positive changes. Imagine what you will be doing, what differences it will make to your routine, what you will be saying and thinking.
10. Enjoy it! It is meant to be fun! It is all about aligning your vibration with the things you desire that are being held in waiting for you. So go ahead and give it a go and make your dreams a reality!
11. (Optional, but powerful) Leave space in the very center of the vision board for a fantastic photo of yourself where you look radiant and happy. Paste yourself in the center of your board.